Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Day 14 - Optimism

The last picture of ‘what money can’t buy’ week represent that age old question: Is the glass half empty or half full? This question is commonly used as a litmus test to determine if someone is an optimist or a pessimist. It also recognizes that each situation can be seen differently depending one one’s perspective.


I think the world needs people who can think both ways. However, while I do consider myself a realist in some ways, I prefer the company of people whose attitude is one of optimism. I feel inspired by people willing to take risks, to put their neck on the line, to try something new, to learn, to feel passionate about new challenges. Even if they fail their attitude of ‘I can do anything I set my mind to’ energizes me. Personally I find chronic negativity draining. It is being held captive by fear. Life is too precious. So I try to be optimistic as much as possible and never judge someone for giving it their best effort.


So, my picture of the day is my attempt at capturing a glass that is half full. My favorite part? It was full of beer and so emptying it was quite enjoyable!

1 comment:

  1. another enjoyable challenge with this project is writing... i definitely can't commit to good writing everyday but i'll try to write something at least once a week. talk about lazy eh?!lol

    god i wish i had another beer.

    ReplyDelete