Thursday, October 1, 2009

Day 107 - Java Blend coffee roaster



The thing I like about locally owned businesses is that they are always happy to open their doors and share their business story; pride of ownership shines through. Java Blend is a a locally owned coffee roaster/cafe on North Street dedicated to excellence in coffee. When I asked manager James Dikaios (pictured) how long he has worked in the coffee business he shrugged his shoulders and said "I've been hanging around this place since I was a kid". James showed me their roaster, gave me his take on what makes a good cup of java, and let me sample his signature espresso. They use a blend for their espresso called the "K2 Signature." It is described on their site as "possessing a balance of creamy, honeyed body and fine acidity in the finish."

No comments:

Post a Comment